Friday, October 7, 2011

the MOTHERLAND!

i realize this grand announcement is a little old-newsy, and some might argue that it doesn't quite deserve the hype that i'm going to give it, as it is going on 6 weeks since i first discovered the news.

the news that i am going to be serving my mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in:

BERLIN, GERMANY!!! for the next 18 months of my life.



[pretend like you didn't know that already and get WAY excited for me ok?]

i enter the MTC on dec.7, which also happens to be pearl harbor day, and rest assured that my dear history-loving heart fully recognizes and appreciates that fact.

i cannot even wait. i'm already obsessed (yes, i'll admit it) with anything and everything German. also, i enrolled in german 101 and learned that "mustache" in german = schnurrbart. say that out loud and NOT laugh, i seriously dare you.

so. there you have it. this blog posting of my mission call pretty much equals in officialness as the letter of acceptance i sent to the first presidency, right?

XoXOxxxOXOoooOX

6 comments:

  1. We are so excited for you Megan. Hayley got her Visa so she if off to Spain on Monday. Dec. 7th will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO EXCITED FOR YOU MY LOVELY MEGAN NINA! You are going to be so amazing. And come home completely obsessed with German history I'm sure...:) I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you! You are seriously going to be such an awesome missionary. I'm almost jealous of those Germans you're going to convert. Go get 'em Megan-o! Also, let's go to Oktoberfest..?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh how did i not know about this BLOG!!?? LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! So excited about germany! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahoo!!! Watch out, Germany! So exciting! And I'm glad I figured out what your blog was in time to hear about your mission call. ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete